Open Letter to My Future Self
I hope all is well girly! I gotta let you know that I’ve been thinking about you.
I am curious…Are you sticking to the vision? I know a lot of times life just happens and we can easily lose sight of our goals. Have you completed that special project you’ve scheduled to work on back in 2017? Have you started graduate school? Are you engaged? I know I’m asking a lot of questions…lol you know me, always trying to hold everyone accountable. I truly hope that you have proceeded to keeping God first and loving yourself.
Wait just one more question…Is God still the head of your life? If not know that as long as you have breath on Earth, its not too late to repent and ask God to order your steps to align with his will.
Sigh…actually I hope I haven’t stirred any negative energy with my questions. But I do want to say wherever you are in life right now, I love you girlfriend, and God loves you as well.
And just in case you forgot, I want to remind you of a few life lessons you’ve learned overtime.
- Love Self First- Because the way you love yourself is the way love will be returned to you.
- Protect Your PEACE- Even if this means standing alone. You know your triggers, recognize them by avoiding dark areas of your life.
- Isaiah 61:2- The Lord will give you beauty for your ashes.
- No One Can Love You Like Jesus- Don’t ever lower your standards, but remember that no one can take God’s place.
- Matthew 7:7- Closed mouths don’t get fed honey, PRAY. (7) Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
- You Are Worthy of Grace- Grace is an undeserving gift that you have access to.
- Remain Confident- Ain’t nothing wrong with feeling like you’re the sugar honey ice tea. Don’t let the insecurities of the world make you feel like you should be anything less than yourself, and happy about it.
- Psalms 72:5- It’s better to endure long-suffering and be in the will of God, than to suffer living a purposeless life.
That’s all I have for now babe. Stay encouraged. Remember life’s a journey and not a race. Rome wasn’t built in one day, so if you aren’t where you want to be, it’s okay. If you’ve lost sight of your goals, take the time today to realign. If you don’t know where to start, get on your knees and pray. Better yet go listen to those sermons you’ve always listened to on youtube.
I’m rooting for you, always!
If you’re interested in writing a letter to yourself, email it to me at PassionateWomanCS@gmail.com and I’ll be sure to send it back to you between a 1-2 year span. Just include the timing details within the email. God Bless!
Follow me on Twitter @WomanPassionate
Follow me on Instagram @PassionateWomanCS
Like me on Facebook @PassionateWomanCS