As promised in my latest post “25 & WINGIN’ IT”. I will be sharing all post submitted in my blogger’s challenge. I’ve asked all my subscribers, readers, and bloggers friends to participate by sharing their very own Fun Facts, Confessions, and Lesson. Please read the post submission below from my good (great actually) friend Jason Butler, from THEBUTLERJOURNAL.COM. He’s definitely dropped quite a few gems, make sure to check him out!
One of my fellow bloggers, Courtney of PassionateWomanCS, is doing a bloggers challenge. For the challenge, you list fun facts, confessions and life lessons that you want to share. Here’s her original post. I haven’t done a blog challenge in a while, so I figured I should do this one. Since I’m 34, I’ll be jotting down 34 different facts, confessions and lessons.
1. I drove from Atlanta to Jacksonville to Los Angeles when I was 29. That cross-country trip was two of the best weeks of my life.
2. I’ve visited 16 Major League Baseball Stadiums.
3. I won $1200 on the slots in Las Vegas a few years ago.
4. I graduated from Savannah State University with a degree in marketing.
5. My first car was a 2000 Chevy Malibu.
6. I’ve been blogging for five years.
7. I have multiple side hustles. My favorite is selling things on eBay.
8. I worked at Paula Deen’s restaurant in college.
9. I love whiskey.
10. I went to game 6 of the 1995 World Series and saw the Atlanta Braves win their only championship.
11. I love a good party but haven’t been to a real club in years. I go to lounges now.
12. I hit rock bottom in 2009. It took me a while to get used to life after college. Also, it took me over a year to find my first full-time job.
13. I used to overthink things all the time. I stopped doing that.
14. I paid off my credit card debt in March 2017, only to be back in it by September of that year.
15. There was one year in college where I only passed 12 credits total. I didn’t fail that many of them. I withdrew and dropped a lot of them though. I was super Sigma during that time of my life and didn’t always make the best choice.
16. At one point college got boring to me. Interning at Disney World got me focused though.
17. I didn’t take my blog seriously for the first two years. I wrote a lot of bullshit that nobody wrote. Many posts were only 300 words. I provide a lot of value now.
18. I quit a job and didn’t have a backup plan. I knew that I couldn’t stay there forever. I also knew that I wanted to make my cross country trip before I turned 30, so I made a decision and quit.
19. After the cross-country trip, I didn’t work a full-time job for over a year.
20. I have over $59,000 worth of debt.
21. Being an Atlanta native, I miss the old ATL. If you never got a chance to party in Buckhead, you missed out. That’s when Atlanta was really fun.
22. I lost all my freelance clients in a six-week timeframe last year.
23. Don’t listen to the naysayers. If you have a goal, make it happen.
24. Self care is important. Meditate, work out, talk to a friend, or do whatever you have to do to stay on your game.
25. If there’s an artist or sports team that you want to seem, go do it. You may not have another chance to see them.
26. Discipline is key. It will take you places.
27. Sooner or later, you will have to chill with the partying if you are trying to be a success.
28. You will grow apart from some people. That’s perfectly fine. You will be alright.
29. Put the phone down and enjoy the moment. You’ll never have this time again.
30. If you can, start making payments on your student loans immediately. Your future self will thank you.
31. Don’t try to keep up with the Joneses. Most of them are broke.
32. Create multiple streams of income. They will help you in the long run. Here are 40+ side hustles that you can check out.
33. Don’t give up. Whatever you want to do in life, make it happen.
34. Don’t take life too seriously. Enjoy it.
This was a cool post to write. Shout out to Courtney for having the challenge.